The Eco Terra online latex mattress company was launched in 2016. With its manufacturing plant located in Los Angeles, California, Eco Terra prides itself on helping its customers “Know before you buy.” Mattress companies are legally required to affix tags to their products that clearly define their contents, assuring consumers they are buying a new, never-been-used product. Eco Terra provides this information on its website, enabling customers to make an informed decision prior to making the purchase.
Products & Materials
The Eco Terra mattress is sold on the Eco Terra website, as well as Amazon.com. The company does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Eco Terra partners directly with sustainable farms in Asia to source the Arpico, 100 percent natural latex used in its mattress. Products are Eco-Institute Standard 100 certified to be free from harmful substances.
Eco Terra sells a hybrid, latex mattress, in the standard sizes, ranging from twin to California King, and at two firmness levels – medium and medium-firm:
- The mattress has a three-inch layer of 100 percent natural talalay latex, and fabric-encased coils. There are no fillers, or additives.
- A strong, supportive foundation is recommended. Either a platform foundation, or a box spring, will provide the support required.
- The Eco Terra mattress is constructed with an organic-cotton cover, natural Talalay latex comfort layer, and a pocketed coil support core.
- The pocketed coils are arranged with 16-gauge coils throughout the interior and 15-gauge coils around the perimeter. This zoned configuration provides optimal, full body support.
- The latex layers, depending on the firmness of the mattress, can help align the sleeper’s spine and alleviate pressure points in sensitive areas.
- Like other latex hybrids, the Eco Terra sleeps cool and comfortable for most, isolates motion transfer, and produces minimal noise.
The twin-size Eco Terra mattress, in either medium or medium-firm, is the lowest cost model at $649. The King and California King sizes, in either medium or medium-firm, are the more expensive models at $1,199.
Warranty & Returns
The Eco Terra mattress is sold with a 15-year warranty, and a 90-day sleep trial which begins on the date of purchase. The sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period. Customers are not able to return the mattress for a full refund until they have tested it out for at least 30 nights. However, they may return the mattress early and pay a $99 convenience charge.
Returns with a full refund will be accepted after 90 days if the mattress is purchased through the online company website. Customers who wish to return the Eco Terra mattress must re-box the bed and arrange for curbside pickup. Eco Terra will issue a full product refund once the mattress has been received by the company.
Orders placed through Amazon have a 30-night sleep trial and must be returned through Amazon (following Amazon’s return policy).
Eco Terra offers free shipping and free returns in the United States. Mattresses are shipped via UPS Ground.