Casper Sleep is an US-based company that was founded back in April 2014. The people behind the company are Jeff Chapin, Luke Sherwin, Neil Parikh, Gabriel Flateman, and Philip Krim. Ever since its debut, Casper was really focused on raising capital and expanding their business as much as possible.
For example, in the fall of 2014, they started delivering their good to Canada. In the spring on 2018, they partnered up with American Airlines to design several products for the comfort of airline passengers (blankets, pillows, and the likes).
Today, Casper sells a wide variety of bedding items, which include mattresses, bed sheets, pillows, even a dog mattress. Back in 2018, Casper revenues reached an astonishing $400 million.
Casper currently manufactures and sells three different mattress models: the Essential, the Casper, and the Wave. The Essential is their most affordable bed, made entirely from three different layers of memory foam. The Casper is their flagship model, featuring four layers and a total height of 12 inches.
The Wave is a premium mattress, featuring five layers and a total height of 13 inches. The Casper and the wave are both available in all-foam and hybrid versions.
While there are three mattress models in the Casper collection, there are actually five different configurations to choose from: two memory foam mattresses, another two hybrids, and one that features a combination between latex and foam.
- The Essential mattress starts off with a polyfoam layer, continues with a support high-density polyfoam block, and ends with another memory foam layer.
- The all-foam version of the Casper combines three polyfoam layers of different densities, but also features a zoned support system, by integrating softer memory foam for the shoulder area, and firmer foam under the hips.
- The Casper hybrid creates a blend between memory foam and pocketed coils, while also having a sturdy base made from high-density foam.
- The Wave is made with a pillow top that integrates memory foam. Then, it transitions to a layer made from both synthetic and natural latex, only to continue with more memory foam. The bottom layer of the Wave is also made with high-density polyfoam, with the entire mattress encased in cotton blend.
- The Wave hybrid combines synthetic latex, polyfoam, and memory foam. The transition layer features gel cooling pods, for added breathability. The core of the mattress is a layer of innersprings, with enhanced edge support.
Casper states that their mattresses are designed by their Californian team. The manufacturing of the mattresses takes place in Pennsylvania and Georgia, but they have showrooms in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.
Warranty & Return Policy
With every Casper mattress order you place, you will receive a 10-year warranty period, with the note that the rights you have could vary from state to state.
All three mattress models which are manufactured and sold by Casper come with 100 nights of free sleep trial. Please note that purchasing the Casper from a third party unauthorized seller doesn’t just void the warranty, but you won’t be able to initiate a return either.
During these 100 nights, you have plenty of time to get acquainted to the Casper mattress. Should you wish to initiate a return because the mattress isn’t what you expected, you can contact the company’s customer service, and they will arrange a mattress pick up. If you meet the requirements (mattress isn’t stained, ripped, damaged, have foul odors, etc.), you can expect to get a full refund.
The price of the Casper mattresses will vary depending on the model chosen. The Essential is a perfect budget option, while the Wave has more features, but also costs more:
- The Essential mattress debuts with a price of $395 for the Twin size, and goes all the way up to $995 for a Cal King.
- As for the Casper model, you can expect to pay $595 (all-foam mattress) or $795 (hybrid) for a Twin-sized bed, but the prices for a Cal King are $1,395 (all-foam) or $1,795 (hybrid).
- The lowest price for the Wave model is $1,295 (all-foam Twin bed) and goes as high as $3,945 (hybrid Cal King).
It’s no secret that Casper’s mattresses are available on their website, as well as with other big online retailers, such as Amazon or Target. In the summer of 2016, Casper mattresses were also available at West Elm stores, but their partnership ended and Casper was replaced by Leesa. Casper opened its first permanent store in January 2017, which is in New York.
Casper also provides an retailer store finder, so you can track down the Casper store that’s closest to where you live.
Casper mattresses have their shipping fees covered throughout the entire continental US, but also some parts of Canada. If you are from Northern Canada, Alaska, or Hawaii, you will be charged a shipping fee is case you have your heart set on a Casper mattress.
The mattresses are delivered through UPS’ services, from partner warehouses which are all over US and Canada.
Casper is very powerful bedding brand which means that, throughout the years, people have associated the brand’s name with quality products. Casper mattresses provide the benefits of having products that are suitable for all budgets: for those with limited financial resources, but also for those looking for a more high-end mattress to sleep on.
Ever since its launch in 2014, Casper has extended its line of mattresses, but also invested in creating other types of bedding products as well. In 2016, they expanded their audience by launching one of the best dog mattresses on the market. In April 2018, the company also launched an adjustable bed frame.
Some people may also have heard about their 2019 launch: the Casper Glow lamp. This is a wireless device that’s meant to replace the standard reading light, incorporating useful technology. It’s gesture responsive, meaning that you can activate it without having to reach for buttons.