CBD stands for cannabidiol, a compound that is found in the Cannabis plant. This compound is found in the marijuana plant. When extracted from the plant and separated from the THC, it can reap many benefits for treating disorders and illnesses.
If CBD oil is something you want to try out, then you have to know how to use it properly. Since CBD oil can be used for different purposes, there are different ways in which you can use this product.
Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD oil can help you a lot in your daily life. There are many claims of what CBD can do, but not all claims have proper research to back them up. Some claims that have been proven are that CBD oil can help with depression, anxiety, epilepsy, chronic pain, addiction, heart health, and insomnia. It can help you if you have any sleep-related issues as well.
You may want to read: CBD Oil Benefits
Origin of CBD Oil
As you should be aware, the new CBD oil that is in circulation comes from the marijuana plant. You’ve probably seen CBD oils that mention hemp on them; these supplements are completely different. They can reap similar benefits as one another, but never mistake them for the same product.
Hemp and marijuana are two different plants with different qualities. They have different concentrations of CBD which alter their effect on your body.
There is more than one way to properly consume CBD oil and it doesn’t always come in an oil form. It can come in the form of a skin patch, lotion, edible, tincture, and vapor.
What You Need:
– Cannabis skin patches
These patches are used to subdue the pain. Skin patches provide more accurate doses of CBD since they have already been dosed to the right daily amount. They also last much longer than a tincture or vapor’s effect. There are certain areas you want to keep in mind when using a patch, such as your wrist, shoulder, or abdomen.
– CBD oil/tincture
Tinctures and oils are the most commonly used method for consuming CBD.
– CBD vape oil
– vape/ CBD vape pen
Vaping is another more commonly used method for consuming CBD, but it is vital that you never forget that there is a difference between vape CBD oil and regular CBD oil.
– There are multiple instruments you can use here;
– CBD oil lotion
– CBD oil cream
– CBD oil soap
– CBD oil wash
All of the listed above are for skin-care exclusively.
Edible, if you’re considering this product for medical reasons or as a beauty product, it can be consumed as a gummy.
How To Use CBD Oil
Now that we have covered the basic methods of CBD oil consumption, it’s time to dive deeper into each process. They are all straightforward, but CBD oil is still a supplement undergoing research and there are side effects still not discovered. To ensure you get the most out of your CBD oil with no side effects, follow the steps constantly. Don’t make do with guesswork.
– As mentioned before, skin patches are primarily used for pain. The best thing to do in this case is to first identify where the pain is occurring. Once you have pinpointed where the pain is, find where your skin is thinner. The thinner your skin is, the easier the CBD will seep into your skin and bloodstream.
– Clean the area of skin you’re going to put the patch on first. You can use rubbing alcohol in this case, or simply warm water. Once the skin is clean, place the skin patch on top of this spot.
– Your skin patch can stay on for up to 96 hours since they contain reservoirs atop that allow the patch to divide and evenly distribute CBD overtime. If you are going to place another patch after the first one is done, then first clean the area off and let your skin breathe for 15-30 minutes.
– Tinctures are much easier to take, but they do not last as long as a patch would. The first thing to do is purchase a reliable CBD oil that you can use for daily use. Large retailers such as Amazon may not sell CBD oil derived from marijuana plants since marijuana is still considered illegal and dangerous in the eyes of the federal government.
– There is no one way to ensure what amount of tincture is right for you. Some people need more than others. There is going to be a trial and error period in which you discover how much tincture works for you on a daily basis.
– Using your dropper, drop the tincture underneath your tongue. Hold the CBD oil there for 60 seconds until it is absorbed. This will ensure the tincture has made it into your bloodstream.
– The effects will begin to kick in after 15 minutes and will last for around 4-6 hours. Tinctures are usually taken twice a day to get full-day coverage, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. There’s no need to take it in the evening since you’ll be asleep for most of the effect-time.
– Vaping is an easy way for many people to take CBD. One very important fact to keep in mind is that CBD oil and CBD vape oil are two very different things. You should never try to vape CBD oil since it is, after all, an oil. It’ll burn and the only thing you’ll inhale is smoke.
– Give your CBD vape oil some time to absorb into the cotton wool inside of your vape, otherwise, the cotton will burn and you’ll get an unpleasant burnt cotton stench. 3-5 minutes is the best amount of time to let your CBD soak in.
– Once you have bid your time, you can turn on the vape and take a few puffs. For the first time, take 2-3 puffs and figure out how you feel about those puffs after 5-10 minutes. If the effect is not prominent, then feel free to take 2-3 more puffs.
– Make sure you’re inhaling, holding your breath for at least five seconds, and then exhaling. This ensures that the CBD circulates through the circulatory system.
– The effects of the vape won’t last long (30 minutes – 1 hour) so you’ll have to do it more often, or whenever you desire the effects of the vape during your day.
– As you would have guessed, your lotion is not for consumption. Instead, it’s to apply over your skin. There are creams, face washes, lotions, body washes, and soaps that all have CBD extract. CBD has anti-inflammatory qualities and can help acne.
– Lotions can be applied anywhere. Rub them over the inflammation generously and massage into your skin until your skin is smooth. You can use it as a daily lotion as well to clean out your skin.
– Masks can be left on for maximum of 15 minutes. They are best if you have acne or black pores filled with dirt. These can clean and smoothen your skin.
– Face washes can be exfoliated over your skin, rubbed on in circles and then removed with lukewarm or cold water, depending on the CBD face wash you have.
– Soaps and body washes can replace your shower body wash and help clean out all of your skin. Research can still not determine whether CBD works best on all skin types so it’s the first try for everyone.
– Remember, when it comes to beauty products, it’s best to always read the instructions on the container before using your CBD cream or wash. Not all washes, lotions, creams, and masks are made the same way.
– Here is a link to find a product that is right for you.
– Edibles can be taken as pills, capsules, tablets, and gummies. Usually, when you refer to the term ‘edibles’, you’re referring to something you can chew; therefore, you’re looking at a gummy.
– The effect of a gummy lasts 6 hours at the most, so it’s best to have two gummies a day, or two servings in one day. (Some companies make their servings within two gummies, more or less.)
– The best way to fully attain the CBD you want from your gummy is to chew it. This helps your body to properly digest it and absorb the CBD inside of it. Plus, it makes it easier to consume.
– Capsules, tablets, and pills can also be consumed, but you can’t chew them. They have to be taken with some liquid or simply swallowed. This could be more convenient for you if you’re not accustomed to gummies.
– Usually, the label will tell you how many tablets, capsules, or pills you need to take in one day. Most daily dietary supplements last for six hours, so you’re looking at two a day.
You may want to read: CBD Oil vs THC
There are lots of ways to consume CBD oil and gain the benefits it promises. You, of course, need to distinguish what benefits you want and how you prefer to consume it. Some people won’t want to consume it at all, they’ll want to apply it which could be more convenient for you. It’s better not to overlap your consumption methods in case of side effects.
If you found this article helpful, feel free to comment below, or add some consumption method we missed out on. Share as well, to increase awareness of CBD oil and the benefits it possesses!