If you weigh more than 300 pounds, chances are you’ve struggled in the past to find a mattress that holds up over time. It can also be difficult to find one that offers the right support to keep your spine in proper alignment. If any of this is hitting home for you, the Saatva HD has your unique needs in mind, and you can save $75 just for doing your homework with The Sleep Judge!
Not Sure if the Saatva HD is for You?
We’ve had the chance to try out the Saatva HD firsthand. During the course of our trial with this mattress, we took a close look at its inner workings. I strongly encourage you to take a look at our full review before you buy it if you’re not sure if it’s going to be for you. In a nutshell, though, it’s a great fit if:
- You weigh between 300-500 lbs. and need a mattress that will hold you up with solid support.
- You sleep hot.
- You need something with a little bounce to help you move around and get in and out of bed.
- You’re not a big fan of the memory foam feel.
- You like to keep your carbon footprint low.
- You sleep on your back and/or stomach.
- You are a combination of sleeper who has limited mobility.
Great Bounce for Those with Mobility Issues
High body weight and limits in mobility often go hand in hand. If you have trouble getting in and out of bed or moving around, a mattress made entirely of foam is often a bad idea. Traditional memory foam is rarely a good idea as it causes you to sink into the mattress and make it even harder to move.
The Saatva HD makes moving around very easy due to two materials used in the layer lineup.
- Right beneath the cover is a layer of latex, and it’s naturally very bouncy.
- The support is composed of a high-durability coil base.
Together, these two layers work to make movement a breeze. Keep in mind, if you have a sleep partner, this type of layer lineup is prone to motion transfer. You can take a look at our video review to see how our motion transfer test worked out.
Good News for Hot Sleepers
Hot sleeping makes it difficult to enter the deepest stages of REM sleep. If you’re prone to hot sleeping, the Saatva HD’s layer lineup is accommodating. There are three primary components at work aiding in heat transfer:
- Organic cotton breathes well naturally.
- The latex layer is ventilated to promote airflow.
- Open coils breathe well by design.
Buying a mattress is a big decision. It’s not something you want to jump into without first doing your homework. If you want to learn more, make sure you check out our full review where we cover:
- Complete layer lineup
- Durability expectations
- Edge support
- Performance and feel
- And a lot more!