SnoreMeds is a South African company that was founded in 2006, by Michelle Hall-Jones and Philippa Logan. Ever since, the company has expanded and now has offices all over the world. In 2010, SnoreMeds released a smaller version of the product, suitable for women (which typically have smaller jaws compared to men).
Construction & Use
SnoreMeds is designed to make sure that the lower jaw is pushed forward, in order for your airways to be open at all times. It’s a mandibular advancement device that’s made without latex and BPA. The construction of the product leaves enough space for airflow, preventing any obstructions that could lead to snoring.
The mouthpiece provided by SnoreMeds will require a one-time adjustment, in order for the product to be comfortable and efficient. In order to fit the piece, you will have to follow a few easy steps:
- Before the actual fitting process start, practice placing the mouthpiece correctly in your mouth. The fitment spatula that comes together with the product needs to be placed in the holes on the front.
- By standing in front of a mirror, insert the mouthpiece into your mouth, and slightly move your jaw forwards. This practice will help you make the mold correctly from the very first try.
- Boil a kettle of water, and then place the boiling water into a boil.
- By using a pair of kitchen tongs, grab the mouthpiece, and submerge it under the boiling water for about 18 seconds.
- You will notice how the mouthpiece becomes clear: that’s a sign that the plastic has softened.
- Go back in front of the mirror and place the mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Start by positioning it on the lower jaw, and then place the upper teeth in the corresponding position. Your teeth have to be within the gutters.
- To create a perfect fit, slightly move your jaw forward (about three to five mm), and then bite down.
- As you such the air out, use your tongue to push, and press the mouthpiece with your index finger to make sure you create a correct mold.
SnoreMeds has created mouthpieces for both men and women, but also offer bundles at more convenient prices. The lowest price you can expect to pay for a mouthpiece set if $46.95, but there is also a value pack with four mouthpieces included, for a mere $94.95.
You have a 45-day money back guarantee that you can take advantage of in case you feel this product isn’t right for you. This guarantee is only available for the Single and Double offers. You will have to provide the reason for returning the product.
If the product is defective, SnoreMeds will replace it free of any charge. If you want to return it for some other reasons, $7.91 in shipping costs will be deducted for US residents, or some other carrier fees, depending on the country you live in.
Your SnoreMeds mouthpiece will be shipped free of charge if you live in the US. For other locations, shipping fees will be calculated at checkout, depending on your exact location. The product is available internationally.