The SleepTight Mouthpiece was created by dentist Dr. Mike Williams, after extensive career experience and studies on mouth-guard pieces. As a former heavy sleeper with a snoring problem, Dr. Williams put himself through surgery in hopes of solving the issue. When everything else failed, he decided to study some viable alternatives to surgery.
Products & Materials
The SleepTight Mouthpiece is an FDA-approved device that can help people reduce snoring, while also being able to treat mild forms of sleep apnea (breath interruptions during sleep). The product is a mandibular advancement device that is meant to be used while sleeping. It does not contain any latex or BPA.
When you sleep, the muscles in your body start to relax. The tongue then falls backwards, blocking the airways and causing people to snore. Snoring is actually tissue vibrations as a response to your breathing pattern.
The SleepTight Mouthpiece is designed to keep the jaw in a fixed position, preventing any further airway blockages. The product requires fitting before it can be used:
- Pour boiling water into a bowl or a cup, and wait for a minute.
- By using the fitting handle, hold the mouthpiece in hot water for about three minutes. Use a spoon or a pair of tongs to avoid burning your fingers.
- Remove the mouthpiece from the water and shake it to remove any excess liquid. Make sure that the piece is not too hot before you put it in your mouth.
- Place the mouthpiece on the lower teeth first, making sure that the device is centered. It’s best to do so in front of a mirror, for more accuracy.
- Bite firmly on the mouthpiece, making sure that the upper and lower teeth are aligned. This will require moving your jaw forward.
- While keeping the jaw in this position and the upper and lower teeth aligned, make sure that you press the mold against your teeth, so that the warm device can mold to their shape. By sucking in air, you will also have to push the tongue to the edges of the mouth, so that you can feel it touching the soft material. Make sure you do this for 30 seconds.
- After that, remove the device from your mouth, wait a minute, and then dip it into cold water.
The SleepTight Mouthpiece has a rather complicated pricing policy, so bear with us as we walk you through. The full price of the product is $79.90. However, you will only be charged $9.95 when you first place your order, and have the $69.95 difference blocked.
Here is how the process occurs. While you initially pay less than $10 for the mouthpiece, you basically have 30 days to decide if you want to keep it. In case you do, the rest of the $69.95 will be charged on the same credit card used to make the initial payment. If you return the device, those $69.95 will be sent back to your account.
Within the 30 day trial period, you can initiate a return at any time. You will not be reimbursed for the initial $9.95 you spent, but will not be charged the $69.95 price difference either.
The SleepTight Mouthpiece ships internationally. However, those that live in the US can order their product here, while for international orders, one must click here. Depending on your location, shipping charges may apply.