The Holmes brand goes way back to 1982, when it was founded by Jordan Kahn. It offers a wide variety of air purifying solutions that are designed to increase quality air inside the home. Their products include humidifiers, air heaters, fans, and filters.
Products & Materials
All of the products in the Holmes line-up fall under four major categories:
- Fans, which come in different shapes and sizes, and include cooling fans operated by remote controls, high-velocity fans, oscillating tower fans, and convertible fans.
- Humidifies, such as ultrasonic, cool mist, warm mist, or mixed products (available in different capacities).
- Air purifiers, which include regular air purifying machines, but also ashtrays that absorb smoke, units with ionizers, and purifying towers with HEPA filters.
- Replacement filters for all the Holmes products that require such a consumable, including humidifiers and air purifiers.
Holmes offers really competitive prices for its products, but these will vary depending on the features that different items have. To give you a glimpse of what to expect:
- A tower fan can cost you between $24.99 and $44.99.
- Table-top fan can be as low as $12.99, and as high $49.99.
- Humidifiers have a starting price of $34.99, and go all the way up to $62.74.
Since Holmes offers plenty of discounts or hosts sales for its products, you can expect to get your hands on a decently-priced unit frequently throughout the year.
Warranty & Returns
While all the Holmes products are covered by warranty (except for the filters, which are consumables), this period differs from one type of product to another, as well. All warranty details are specified in the user manual. For example, the fans are covered by a warranty that varies between zero and ten years, provided that you save the proof of purchase.
Warranty replacements will only cover the same model as the one purchases, so there are no upgrades or exchanges available. Those that ask for a warranty replacement unit will have to wait about two to three weeks after customer service receives the unit returned.
As far as satisfaction guarantees are concerned, you have a window of 30 days to return your Holmes product in case you are not satisfied with it. You will be reimbursed with the equivalent of the product’s value, but you won’t receive your shipping, handling, and processing fees.
You can expect the money to be returned to you in the same payment form you use to acquire the product.
Holmes provides shipping to all 50 US states. You can choose between two shipment options: Standard shipping takes two business days, while Next Day shipping takes just one business day. No international shipping is available at this time.
The shipping rates vary depending on your total order. For example, those to order products that don’t exceed the value of $64.99 will pay $3.99 in shipping fees for the continental states, and $17.99 for Hawaii and Alaska. Standard shipping for orders above $65 will cost you an extra $14.99 for the 48 continental states, and $24.99 for Hawaii and Alaska.