Aveline Mattress Review
Our Rating: (7.8 / Out Of 10)
Mattress shopping may seem like an impossible feat. No matter how many stores you go to, the salesperson is going to tell you the same thing, “this bed is perfect for you, sign here”. You know that bed isn’t perfect and you know that he’s just trying to make his sale. Good chance is that he’s not going to honestly tell you what the bed is like and if it’s good for a back, side, or stomach sleeper. Lucky for you, I tested a mattress for you so you can read an honest review and determine for yourself if it’ll work for you or not. The mattress is called the Aveline and here’s what it’s all about.
Table of Contents
- What Sets This Product Apart?
- Construction and Composition
- Edge Support
- Motion Isolation
- Temperature Regulation Features
- Heat Retention
- Durability and Quality of Construction
- Pain Relief
- Customer Support
- Break In Period
|Material||Degassing Period||Firmness Level|
(Scale of 1-10)
|Memory Foam||1-2 Days||6||100 Days||1 Year Manufacturer|
The Aveline mattress is a CertiPUR-US certified bed that contains absolutely no PBDE’s, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants, mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, ozone depleters, or other heavy metals. This gel infused mattress conforms to your body and disperses your body heat so that you aren’t overheating in the middle of the night.
The Aveline is right in the middle of the firmness chart. It’s not too soft, not too firm, it’s just right. It helps to reduce motion transfer, ensuring you have a restful and undisturbed night of sleep.
The Aveline mattress makes the promise of giving its users the perfect firmness. No matter what kind of sleeper you are, the Aveline has you covered. It also promises that their gel infused memory foam will dissipate your body heat and quickly conform to your body weight and position.
All mattresses have their flaws and it’s important that people know about them. So, let’s check out what some of the good & not so good things are about the Aveline.
- Minimal motion transfer
- Didn’t sleep hot
- Easy to clean
- Good firmness
- Price Point
- Slight initial odor
- Lacking edge support
- Mattress materials at this price range may not last as long for adults or heavy individuals.
The box is pretty nice looking. It wasn’t plain like some of the other ones I have come across. The first thing you’ll notice the name in big letters with stars bordering the box. This could go one of two ways; someone could either notice the name and steal your package, or they could see that it’s a mattress and have no interest in it. These things always have me wondering whether it’s better to have a plain box or a box with the name plastered all over it.
Are you ready to take a look at everything this mattress has to offer? Great, keep reading to learn everything you possibly can about my experience with the Aveline.
The Aveline is another one of those eco-friendly mattresses available today. They use only CertiPUR-US certified materials in their bed, which means it’s harmless to you and the environment. Their mattress is also gel-infused for optimal cooling comfort. The mattress quickly releases your body heat into the air instead of trapping it underneath.
Not only does it ensure you sleep cool, it also ensures that you are comfortable. This mattress relieves sleeping pains and it offers personalized full body comfort. The foams quickly conform to your body weight and position, keeping you comfortable all night long. The Premium Aveline foam also provides core support to relieve pressure.
The Aveline is made with multiple layers to sure you’re 100% comfortable all night.
- Cover: The cover is made with a stretch knit fabric that zippers closed to ensure the foams stay intact. The attractive diamond-knitted design also adds a bit of flare to it.
- 2” Gel-Infused Memory Foam: This layer offers the cooling technology that will keep your body temperature at a comfortable level throughout the night. It is meant to disperse both body pressure and heat.
- 6” High Density Foam: This layer relieves sleeping pains by giving you an optimal level of comfort and support. It also gives you a personalized full body comfort.
For me, it was comfortable, but I think that I would have been a little bit better off on the thicker version. I was given the 8” and their next size is a 10”. The larger size would have made me feel more supported, same for my husband. He felt like he was sinking to the bottom of it, but he does weigh 250 pounds. So, I believe that if you’re heavier, you may want the next larger size.
Honestly, I do like that I could sleep in any position and I was able to sleep comfortably for the most part. If I slept on my side I felt like I was sinking to the bottom, but any other position was fine. Overall, it’s comfortable, but I would have preferred the next larger size for better support.
One of the praised features of this mattress is the supportiveness of it. You’re supposed to feel supported and comfortable all night with pressure relief. I’ll admit, I felt plenty supported enough as long as I was on my back or stomach, but laying on my side was quite difficult. My husband and myself aren’t lightweight people. I’m around 180 pounds and he’s 250. We both felt as if we were sinking into it while we were on our sides.
For us, since we’re a little heavier, we would have felt more supportive if we had more foam at the base of it. Other than that, on our backs and stomachs, we were supported and comfortable. Another great thing that I can say is that it did reduce our pressure points. We weren’t waking up in any type of pain.
Memory foam mattresses really aren’t expected to have outstanding edge support since they’re made of foam instead of innerspring, which usually are lined with coils. The Aveline was no exception to this. It didn’t have outstanding edge support, but it wasn’t completely terrible. I was able to sit on the edge of it, but not for a very long time. As you can see from the picture, my 50 pound daughter makes it sag quite a bit.
This mattress doesn’t really have any type of motion isolation features, but I can say that the Aveline performed quite well in this category. I do not like to be disturbed in my sleep by my husband moving around. If i’ve had a rough night with the baby as it is, that last thing I need it to be disturbed even more.
I took my handy bowling ball & my wine glass and performed the test. If you take a look at the video, you can see just how well it performed. My husband is a very restless sleeper and he tosses around a lot. Even though he was tossing and turning, I couldn’t really feel it on my side. He was able to say the same about me. When he saw me moving around, he couldn’t feel it on his side either.
The temperature regulation features of the Aveline are quite limited. The one thing that it does offer is a gel-infused foam layer of dense foam. It dissipates your body heat while conforming to your weight and position. I did not personally notice any change in my body temperature as I was sleeping. I wasn’t waking up sweating, overheating, or uncomfortable. My husband wasn’t either, and he’s very sensitive to the heat. Overall, the Aveline kept us cool, comfortable, and free from sweaty sheets.
Heat retention is the term to use to describe how much the mattress holds heat. So, since the Aveline does offer temperature regulation features, I didn’t expect it to hold any. As I said earlier, I wasn’t overheating on it, so it must have been doing its job. While I was doing my tests, I was sure to change the temperature of the bedroom to see if a temperature difference had an effect on it.
What I do to test this is I take a heat gun, a heat sock, and warm a piece of the mattress up to 130 degrees. I then time how long it takes for it to return to normal body temperature. The Aveline took 29 seconds to cool down, which is around average for most of the mattresses I have tested. It didn’t overly hold heat, which is great. But, if for some reason you find yourself sleeping hot on it, you can invest in a cooling mattress pad to help.
Since the Aveline is CertiPUR-US Certified, I expected it to not have a smell. Unfortunately, there was a strong odor to it right out of the package. I actually had to put it in a different room to air out for a day or so. Once the main smell was gone, I could only smell an odor when I put my face close to it. After two weeks, there is still an odor there, but nothing too strong, only noticeable when sleeping on it without a sheet.
It’s important that your mattress is well constructed to ensure the longevity of it. If I buy a new mattress, I am going to want it to last, no matter how much I pay for it. When I look these over, I check for loose threads, pulls in the fabric, how well the zipper works, areas that may be prone to defects, etc.
The Aveline seems to be pretty well constructed. I opened it up to take a look at the foams, as you can see from the picture. They seemed to be well put together, which is really important for durability. The cover didn’t have any pulled fabric and the seams were all intact. The zipper was nice and tight to ensure the cover would stay closed so that no bugs could get inside. If you need extra protection for any reason, mattress protectors are perfect.
- Is a foundation needed? As long as the base can support the mattress and sleepers, then it is ready for use. You can use the floor, just a box spring, and if you use a slatted platform bed, make sure the spaces are no more than three inches apart.
- Is a mattress protector needed? Although the cover is meant to come off and be washed for normal cleaning issues, Aveline does strongly encourage the use of a waterproof mattress protector. This is to ensure that your warranty isn’t voided due to stains.
- Does it work on adjustable beds? This wasn’t clear, but I don’t see why not.
- How easy are returns? If you need to send it back, they’ll arrange for someone to come get it for you. It will be delivered or picked up by a local charity.
- What about the warranty? They have a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase.
- Is there a trial? You have a full 100 nights from the time you receive the Aveline with no return or restocking fee.
- You should always rotate your mattress quarterly.
- Are there alternative firmnesses? Nope! This is because their are fit for everyone.
- Cover is soft and comfortable
- Fabric is well stitched
- Foams are durable
- Some people felt pressure relief
- Some people are waking up sore
- Some have noticed a decrease in back pain
- Customer service is quick and friendly
- They are easy to contact
- Supportive for the back
- A few complaints about the lack of support for the hips
- Spine is more aligned as they sleep
- Supports all types of sleepers depending on weight
Break In Period
- A few days
- Some say a few weeks
- It did not break in for some
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Aveline may be the right fit for you.
- Are You On A Budget? If you are on a budget and really need a new mattress, this one is a good option. It’s affordable and comfortable. It’s really hard to find a mattress that can give you what you need while remaining at a realistic price. I know I don’t have thousands of dollars to pay for a simple mattress, which is what makes this one so special, in my opinion.
- Do You Hate Motion Transfer? If you’re like me and hate motion transfer, the Aveline is right for you. I didn’t notice motion transfer and neither did my husband. Motion transfer between partners or people and their pets is disrupting and some nights, an uninterrupted night is much needed.
- Do You Sleep Hot? If so, the Aveline is sure to keep you cool and solve that issue for you. I wasn’t overheating and I wasn’t waking up uncomfortably hot. It definitely kept me cool throughout the night.
- Do You Sleep On All Sides? If you change positions like I do, the Aveline has you covered, of course this depends on your weight in my opinion. This bed supports all types of sleepers, but I found the heavier you are, the more difficult it may be to sleep on your side.
After a few weeks of sleeping on the Aveline, doing all of my evaluations, and letting my kids take a nap on it, I can say that it is the ideal mattress for those on a budget or those looking for something that won’t break their bank. It’s a comfortable mattress once you get over that initial smell.
I think that it would be a great mattress for someone who is looking for something simple that’s going to keep them cool, comfortable, and generally supported. The mattress, in my opinion, would be ideal for an adjustable bed frame because of the thickness and flexibility of it.
As far as the value goes, it’s in a good price range. There are some fantastic features that make it stand out from other mattresses in that range, making it even more desireable. Once you open it, you should definitely let it air out for a day or two, maybe more if you are sensitive to smells. The Aveline is definitely a sound investment if you want a comfortable, breathable, durable, and supportive bed.
- Minimal motion transfer
- Didn’t sleep hot
- Easy to clean
- Good firmness
- Good features for the price point
- Slight initial odor
- Lacking edge support