Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed Review
The Queen Sized, Bed Height, Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam is an air mattress that is quite popular with the Amazon consumer crowd and is one of our highest rated Intex Air Beds.. With a reasonable price, and the plethora of features it offers, it holds an appeal for nearly anyone who wants value on a budget. College students who can’t afford or don’t want to purchase traditional beds, people who have just rented out their first apartment, outgoing adventurous types who want a comfortable portable sleeping solution, this mattress applies equally well to all these.
- Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed Review
- Comfort and Convenience
- Check The Price
- Size and Other Features
- Pros and Cons
- Customer Service and Guarantee
- The Verdict
- Related Posts
- Stansport Self Inflating Air Mattress Review
- InstaBed EZ Bed Air Mattress Review
- Discover the Plush High Rise Air Mattress by Fox Air Beds - Reviewed
- Why Do Air Mattresses Make You Sweat?
- Beyond Air Mattresses: Other Intex Products
- A History of Intex And Their Air Mattresses
- How to Repair Your Intex Air Mattress
- Are Intex Air Mattresses Any Good?
- Camping On An Air Mattress in Cold Weather
- Best Intex Air Mattress Reviews
Comfort and Convenience
The Intex Comfort Plush Dura Beam has a number of features which make it easy to use and easy to sleep on. Foremost is the Comfort-Plush technology which gives the sleeper improved support, stability and comfort, which is normally missing in conventional airbeds. Thanks to the built-in pump, inflation and deflation is a breeze, taking just 5 minutes to fill up. You can also easily vary the firmness of the bed. Furthermore, the Comfort Plush Queen Airbed is almost at knee height (22’’), which makes it feel just like a normal bed – imagine going camping with the comfort of an actual bed at your disposal. Even the sides of the mattress have been made to provide you with a firm rest so you can sit on them just as you would on a regular bed – they don’t give away beneath you, so you’re able to sit on the bed with confidence. The top is flocked with extra soft material to provide an even more comfortable experience, and the sides are made to keep the fitted sheets firmly secured. The bed itself does not weight much and is easily portable / movable as the situation dictates.
Durability is another strong point for this air mattress, with its incorporation of Intex’s Dura-Beam Technology, made from thousands of highly strong polyester fibres, which gives it a long lifetime with enduring comfort. These high strength fibres prevent the mattress from stretching with continued use, a symptom quite common with most air mattresses sold today. Thanks to its durable construction, you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged outdoors or bursting a seam anytime soon.
Inflation Time (minutes)
Inches off the ground
Size and Other Features
The Intex Comfort Plush with Fiber Tech covers an area of 80’’ by 60’’ and is 22’’ high, with a weight of 21 pounds, and is able to sustain a maximum weight of 600 pounds, more than enough for two people to sleep. It 22’’ height is particularly noteworthy, since it makes it a lot easier to get in and out of bed, basically imitating a conventional mattress, and certain users have even reported being able to lean against it like a traditional mattress – definitely not what you get every day!
Pros and Cons
- Dura-Beam technology provides durability and long lifetime.
- Comfort-Plush technology gives a night’s sleep on par with a traditional mattress – even when you’re out camping!
- Very reasonably priced for all the features it packs.
- Comes with built in pump for inflation and deflation.
- Flocked top and indented sides add to sleeping comfort.
- High strength polyester fibres do not stretch over time.
- A number of users have reported poor customer support from Intex, where they weren’t able to get a return on a faulty mattress.
- Built in pump runs on outlet power so you can’t use it outdoors unless their is a plugin nearby or you will have to buy a regular air pump separately.
- Takes a long time to deflate and inflate manually.
Customer Service and Guarantee
The one recurring problem with Intex products, however, seems to be their poor customer support. This is disappointing for a company whose products are otherwise so polished and well crafted, and it adds a smudge to their reputation. Although infrequent, their mattresses do develop faults at time, and this one is no exception – when this happens, the offended customers often report that the support they were offered was meager and unsatisfactory, and that they weren’t allowed to return / replace their product either from the manufacturer or the retailer. So as a heads up, if you’re unlucky enough to get a defective mattress (this isn’t common), you’ll have a very hard time getting it returned or replaced.
Once again, Intex has delivered a product which provides excellent value for your cash, and at this price point, is ideal for those who desire a comfortable night’s sleep without having to dole out excessive money. Because of the Comfort Plush Inflatable Air Bed’s durability, it is also recommended for users who spend time outdoors. The only thing which holds the mattress back are the occasional reports of poor customer service from those users whose mattress developed a fault – but these are few and far out for this particular Intex model.
Check out More Reviews on Amazon!
- Comfort 75%
- Ease of Use 80%
- Durability 80%
- Value 90%
Looking for something a little different? You may like this option here.